Saturday, January 7, 2012

Will I have the same allergic reaction if I get a piercing in another part of my ear?

I got my ear lobes pierced over 10 years ago; I usually wore 10-14k yellow gold posts in them... I don't remember what I got them pierced with, though. A few years down the road I began noticing that I had severe allergic reactions to any metal other than the gold (the holes became very inflamed, oozed pus, bled, and eventually scabbed over); I couldn't wear sterling silver--I even tried putting clear nail varnish over the post. Then my problem got progressively worse... I could no longer wear any 14k yellow gold; now I have to wear 18k white gold or platinum. I am not allergic to metal anywhere else on my body. Recently, I was thinking of getting another ear piercing (maybe a second hole or my cartilage) but I was wondering if I would have a similar reaction to the metal. I know I can get hypoallergenic metals--but I also don't want to pay a fortune for an ear piercing. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment